A notice to our families
Information on Funerals and COVID-19
We know there is growing concern as the outbreak and impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve. Caring for your loved one and comforting the families we serve have always been our number one priority, and now ensuring the safety and well-being of our community is especially critical at this highly emotional time.
In an effort to comply with the CDC’s most recent recommendation of no more than 10 people in attendance at public gatherings, all services and visitation will be strictly private with the option of complimentary on-site video recording. Families that choose to hold a private service at this time will have the option to hold a public memorial service at a later date; for these families, we will waive the memorial service fee.
If you so choose, you may reach out to the family via the memorial webpage on www.sturinofuneralhome.com
As you go on with your day to day activities, or are planning on attending private services, we ask you to be vigilant in following these CDC guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Please adhere to the social distancing recommendation of six (6) feet.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your arm or inner elbow.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, please use hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects daily. This includes items such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, phones, keyboards, sinks, etc.
As always, the staff at Sturino Funeral Home is here for you anytime to address any questions.
May all of us find strength to get through this together.